LAW OF ATTRACTION
The Law of Attraction is a cosmic universal law and currently, one of the most well-known and popular of the cosmic laws. Simply put, we attract everything around us, which allows us to create our own reality, and it applies to all of us. The Law of Attraction uses the power of our minds to translate whatever is in our thoughts and materialize it into reality. The idea here is that we, as well as our thoughts, are made from “pure energy” and through the process of “like energy attracting like energy”, we can bring positive change into our lives. However, it also works the way around - we can attract things we do not want. Keeping a negative mindset and always focusing on what we lack, will keep us from reaching our desired goals. We need to monitor our negative thoughts and visualize a life of abundance, and this will bring in a world of abundance. The outcome is entirely in our own hands.
Though the theory behind the Law of Attraction is very simple, putting it into practice on a conscious level isn’t that simple. This is because negative and limiting belief systems are buried deep inside us, and getting rid of engrained ideas and old habits can take a lot of work. Aside from thinking positively, an essential component to changing our negative thinking patterns is to “feel” that what we desire is already ours. The combination of thought and feeling is what makes the desire real.
There was a huge surge in popularity of the Law of Attraction in 2006 with the release of the book entitled, The Secret, which brought awareness of these ancient teachings to millions of people. The book summarizes the Law of Attraction in 3 steps: 1.) Ask – Know what you want, and the universe will deliver your desires. 2.) Believe - Truly believe in what you are asking for and it will become yours. There can be no doubt. 3.) Receive – Be active in reaching your goals. When opportunity comes your way, don’t hesitate.
However, the theory behind the Law of Attraction has been around since the beginning of human history, and was taught by such luminaries as Buddha, Plato, Jesus Christ, and Einstein. Buddha often included it in his preachings; “what you have become is what you have thought”, and we see it referenced in the Bible multiple times; “as a man thinketh in his heart so is he”. Proverbs 23:7; “All things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye have received.Mark 11:24: The main principles of the Law of Attraction are seen in the teachings of so many civilizations and religious groups, all recorded and taught in different ways but still conveying the same message. Believe and it shall be.
- 1. The Law of Attraction can be defined as:
- A. We attract everything around us thus allowing us to create our own reality.
- B. What we think will happen because its connected to our thoughts
- C. Our vibration determines what we bring into our lives
- D. The better-looking we are, the more we receive
- E. What we believe shapes the universe around us
- 2. The law of attraction process can be described as:
A. You attract what you know
B. What you feel represents the truth
C. Like energy attracts like energy
D. Sending out thought vibes brings in what you need
- E. Just by being you allow the flow of energy to come to you
3. What is the best way to change old habits of limiting beliefs?
A. Stop thinking, just be yourself
B. Accept your situation and connect with your feelings
C. Learn, grow and pay attention to your feelings
D. Feel the desired changes have already occurred
E. Accept them and move on
- 3. What book brought about the popularity of the Law of Attraction:
A. The Circle of Life
B. The Secret
C. How to Attract your Life Partner
D. Karmic Life Circle
E. Weathering Heights
4. What is the recommended 3 Step Process to Attraction in the book, The Secret?
A. Decide, Confide and Arrive
B. Think, Know, and Happen
C. Ask, Believe and Receive
D. Question, Resolve and Be
E. Allow, Stop and Flow
5. What keeps us from achieving our goals:
A. Having a negative mindset and focusing on the “lack of’”
B. Allowing others to tell us what to do
C. Not taking enjoyment in what we are doing
D. Allowing our ego to dictate the process
E. Distracting ourselves and staying busy
The Law of Attraction
The Law of Attraction is usually based on the premise that “like attracts like.” It means that as an individual, we have the power to attract a positive or a negative event depending on whether we see things as good or bad.
If you spend most of your days sulking in regrets about what happened in the past or you allow yourself to be overwhelmed with fears of the future, you would likely experience more negativity in your life. On the other hand, if you always see a rainbow at the end of every storm, you will soon start seeing positivity in your life every day.
In other words, the Law of Attraction encourages each and every one of us to realize that we have the freedom to take control of what we want to experience in the future and shape things up according to how we choose them to be.
How to take advantage of the Law of Attraction
One of the first things you can do to take full advantage of the Law of Attraction is to have an open mind and the incessant desire to succeed in using it. It certainly won’t help if you are close-minded and you believe that the Law of Attraction exists regardless of information or data that are contrary to such notion.
In order to get the best results, you should be able to:
1. Pick a specific goal based on wants and not values.
2. Live as if you have already accomplished your goals. By doing so, you eliminate the need to establish deadlines or timelines.
3. Living and believing that you have successfully accomplished your goal can also allow you to manifest your thoughts into things.
4. Realize that there’s no need to make further plans in achieving your goals since you are living as if you have already achieved them.
5. Challenges, according to the Law of Attraction, are deemed as negative thoughts and should therefore be avoided.
6. Do not get involved with activities that promote negativity such as doing charity or helping people who are in need. If you’re a true blue believer of the Law of Attraction, avoid entering into any type of profession that intend to help or provide health services such as paramedic, nurse, physician, hospital worker, psychologist, clergy, police officer, etc. Likewise, professions that deal with poor people should also be avoided. These include lawyer, banker, mortgage broker and accountant.
7. Avoid any type of support groups that involve people with physical or mental illnesses. Remember, you will always attract what you think about and thinking about people in support groups will not help.
8. Be fully aware of and practice attentiveness to the present. Aim to solely visualize a successful outcome in order to achieve happiness and greater life satisfaction.